Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Dark Blessings of Brokenness



I am blessed to be in a position to watch,
not only my own, but so many others:
be broken, and eventually find deep and strong healing;
to die and and be born again.

Resurrection gets all the accolades - understandably so!
But the whole enchilada is a process, a cycle.
Resurrection is only one (glorious) part of the Passion Play.

I am seeing in my own life, lately,
the Amazing Blessings of the aftermath of Breaking:
pure Grace to rise into Light and Glory,
especially after so Much Darkness and Despair.

Meanwhile I watch folks tripping, stripping, spiraling into chaos,
and I find that I trust this Divine process even more than I have before.

A cold and broken Hallelujah
for the Dark Blessings of Brokenness!

The world breaks every one
and afterward many are strong at the broken places.
But those that will not break it kills.
So, LET GO, Let God!
Again:
If people bring so much courage to this world the world has to kill them to break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.
 - Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms
Oh dark blessings, how I love and hate them!
And I have found, the beautiful way through it all, IS Hallelujah.

This week, I was awed and proud to stand watch
while one of my friends went through a significant spiritual death process,
she went through the eye of the needle.

She Let Go into the seeming void
... and found the Rock beneath
... which is not perceived as a surety in that process!

This death/birth process is a sublime opportunity for all of us.
I have been honored to be present for a few of these transitions with others -
and a few messy ones of my own!

So, I am living with all the stages (of re-creation / re-evolution / spiritual life)
all at once this week, more than usual.

It is all Grace.
Halleluiah.

Where are you in your cycles of your dark and your light 
- are you allowing Hallelujah?

blessings, Wendy



.

No comments:

Post a Comment